A Raspberry Pi is a single board computing device or simply saying a small credit card sized single board computer that runs on a 5V external power supply. This was founded in UK for providing low cost computing solution for education but as time passed the Raspberry Pi grew more stronger, faster and due to increasing community support we can find lots of compatible softwares. Hence at present Raspberry pi is capable enough to perform most of your task that your normal PC or mac can do with additional advantages. It can be used for IOT projects implementation as it only runs on 5V power supply and consumes only 9W of power therefore it has infinite possibilities to expand itself in many fields.
The latest Raspberry Pi 3 configuration is as follows :-
- 1 GB SDRAM
- ARM Qard Core 1.2 Ghz processor
- 400Mhz GPU
- Onboard 802.11n wifi
- Onboard Bluetooth 4.0
- For Hard Disk we use Micro SD card. Better to use class 10 SD card for good processing.
- 40 GPIO pins for your IOT applications.
There are many operating systems which can run on the Raspberry pi. Some of them famous ones are as follows.
- Ubuntu Mate
- Windows 10 IOT
There are many other Linux distributions which can be used with the raspberry pi. For our tutorials we will use Raspbian OS as this is the official OS form the Raspberry Pi creators and It has lots of community support as well. Raspbian is based on the Open sourced Debian OS therefore you may get support from the Debian community also. The fun part is that Linux is free and most applications which we will use with Raspberry Pi will be free. The downside of using Linux is ability to work on command line, but do not worry guys we are here to simplify everything up for you. We will teach you all about the installation of softwares on the Raspberry Pi and you may use your Raspberry Pi with ease.
Now let us describe that what can you accomplish with the Raspberry Pi. Remember i will provide you complete “How To” tutorials for the following list.
- Build your Personal Entertainment system Box with “Kodi“, which is equivalent to their commercial media centres such as “Apple TV”, “Mi Tv Box”, “Amazon Fire TV”, etc.
- Build your personal Cloud storage with “Tonido“.
- Build your own home file sharing server(eg-: NAS system) with “SAMBA Share”.
- Build your home torrent server, no need to keep you PC/MAC switched on for downloading very large files.
- Use your Raspberry Pi in place of your Desktop. An easy and cheap solution.
- Make your VPN server.
- Your personal assistant such as “Alexa” or “Google Assistant“.
- Automate your home with “Home Automation“.
And many more, there are no limits to your implementations and the usage of your Raspberry pi.
Hence just relax, follow us and use your Raspberry pi in your day to day life to make your life more simple and filled with innovation and digitization. If you would like start your Raspberry Pi journey, lets do a one time investment and purchase a Raspberry Pi 3 from amazon. Please refer the link below.
This is a single unit – For those who already have an extra SD Card, 5V 2.0 – 2.5 A Mobile charger, HDMI cable.
I would recommend to purchase the complete unit – If you are a complete beginner.